v126.96.36.19938 (Beta 5)
Released on: June 19, 2020
- Fixed an internal error that would occur when copying or moving a read-only file to a mounted disk.
- Removed a timeout mechanism to help alleviate issues where Explorer may suddenly give up.
- Fixed a bug where, during file/folder creation or moving, an error would show indicating a random item at an index was not deleted.
- Name and timestamp errors are longer saved to the error log since they are not indicative of bugs. If you are running into a lot of timestamp errors, make sure the software you are using is configured to set correct timestamps.
- Applied potential fix for a "File already exists" error that could occur when updating FATXplorer. Unfortunately, this fix will only help with the next update.
- When unmounting a disk that is still in use, the list of programs with open files shown will no longer have duplicate items listed.
- The expiration date has changed to September 17, 2020.
v188.8.131.5213 (Beta 4)
Released on: June 17, 2020
- This release has an accompanying announcement post. Click here to view it.
- Write support has been enabled by default. It is significantly faster than v2.5. See the announcement post for performance comparisons.
- New icon and banner added.
- When unmounting a disk that is still in use, a list of programs with open files is now shown.
- Fixed issue where the Xbox 360 Security Sector was being read incorrectly, resulting in false log warnings about the disk size.
- When selecting a drive letter for mounting, drive letters already assigned to mapped network drives are now filtered out.
- A loading percentage is now shown while a device is being initialized.
- After initializing a device, you will now be prompted to enable the disk cache for increased performance (if it is disabled, which it sometimes can be). Enabling the disk cache may not work on all disks and USB adapters.
- Fixed/removed an "Alignment error" that could occur when initializing a device.
- The expiration date has changed to September 15, 2020.
- Driver updated to v20.0.7458. Various minor issues have been fixed. Driver updates may require a reboot.
v184.108.40.20643 (Beta 3)
Released on: April 14, 2020
- Fixed various errors affecting OG Xbox memory unit loading and detection.
- Xbox 360 memory units will now be detected if they are missing the System Cache Partition.
- Fixed issue that caused creation, last access, and last write timestamps to be skewed by a few hours.
- Added a friendlier error message that is displayed when a directory selected using Load USB Dir is obviously invalid.
- Load Backup now supports multiselect.
- When updating, a warning is now shown if there are devices currently mounted.
- Fixed an unhandled exception error that could occur when FATXplorer initiated a reboot.
- The expiration date has changed to July 13, 2020.
- Driver updated to v20.0.7397. There are no significant changes worth noting. You have the option to update it in the status bar. In the future, the driver will be updated automatically if it is installed. Driver updates may require a reboot.
v220.127.116.1159 (Beta 2)
Released on: March 30, 2020
- Fixed errors that would sometimes occur when creating a support package.
- Added workaround for error 0x80070032 that would prevent devices from being detected. (It seems like this mostly occurs on Windows 7)
- Changed the way partition names are handled for OG Xbox drives with a partition table. FATXplorer will now display the correct names without reading the names from the partition table. This solves 2 problems:
- Formatting tools may have mislabeled XBOX DATA and XBOX SHELL, which made deciding which partition to mount confusing.
- Names with special characters, such as a colon, could cause a crash when the partition was mounted.
v18.104.22.16811 (Beta 1)
Released on: March 28, 2020